Miscellaneous Writing Stuff Archive
Things that don't fit anywhere else
1985 to 2005
These snippets (some short, some not so short) all originate from online postings, either BBS's, mailing lists, or this web site's earlier iterations. Nearly all of it has been posted on the old ArmourSoft web site or the post-ArmourSoft Irvania.com at some point or other.
- Bad Poetry: The collection of Eggar Allen Poo's more common works, mostly from the mid-1980's. Eggar Allen Poo is, of course, the Irvanian poet laureate.
- More Bad Poetry: More Eggar Allen Poo material from the dusty bottom drawer of the archives. These are the pieces that I left out of the original Irvania.com postings until now, for reasons that may be obvious. These all began life as BBS postings in 1988-1989.
- The Consim-L Flame-atorium: Back in the dark ages, before web-based discussion forums and and chat rooms and blogs and Facebook, the Internet had e-mail mailing lists. Consim-L was one such list, set up for discussing wargames. This is what often happened. The technology changes, but the conversations remain the same.
This ditty was first posted on Consim-L in February 1997.
- Shipbase III Cheat Codes: A complete listing of all the cheat codes for Shipbase III. First posted on the Consim-L mailing list on April 1 1997.
- Great Moments in Literature: This one probably makes sense only to someone who is a wargamer and who knows a little about ancient Greek literature, but what the heck, I like it.
- DIPCo game titles: Game design projects that never were. The gift that just keeps on giving. I'm not sure when or where this came from, but it was probably one of the mailing lists in 1998 or 1999.
- Warhammer 1945: What if World War II took place in the WH40K universe? First posted on the SFConsim-L mailing list in 1998.
- All About ArmourSoft: Where are they now? A brief history of ArmourSoft and the people involved. Originally posted on the ArmourSoft web site in 1999, details updated for 2008 and again in 2013. I dunno, maybe I'm the only person who finds this stuff outrageously funny.
- Accounting Scandal at DIPCo: This news item was first posted on Irvania.com in 2002 and has been pretty much a regular since then.
- Playing iPanzer '44: I learned everything I need to know about life from a computer tank game. This one was also posted on Irvania.com in 2002 and has been a regular.
- The Rice Puddin' Posse press release: Another one posted on Irvania.com in 2002 and a regular menu item. This one still makes me chuckle every time I read over it.
- Irvanian Error Messages: Have you found out the hard way that the error messages on Irvania.com are all homemade?
- Memories from Nam: First posted on Irvania.com in June 2003. Of all the short pieces I've written over the years, I think this one is my favourite. Writers aren't supposed to laugh out loud when reading over their old material, but I can't help it.
- Merry Christmas: Season's greetings from December 2003.
- An Excerpt from an Alleged Terrorist Handbook: I cannot say when, where, or why these photographs were taken.
- Minionquest: Sometimes it's best to just let the sidekicks take care of everything.
Irvania.com webmaster: Dave Ferris
Last updated: June 11, 2016